You think you may be pregnant and you are wondering if parenting is the path for you to take. The miracle of life, a tiny human being may be growing within you. Being a parent is exciting and challenging. You probably have lots of questions!
We can talk about all these issues with you so you can decide if parenting is right for you. There are many resources we can help you with to answer these questions for yourself.
Raising your baby alone is probably the most demanding job in the universe. If you are a teen (or a twenty-something), it can seem overwhelming. Even if you are finished with your education and working, it can still seem daunting.
If life circumstances are making a decision to parent difficult, call the PRC and let us offer you our assistance and support. You are not alone. There are many people who care about you and your baby and are willing to stand with you to find the courage and the resources you need to parent your child.
All our services are FREE.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Free confirmation pregnancy tests
- Counseling with social workers, nurses, and trained volunteers
- Referrals for Medicaid and prenatal care
- Free maternity, baby, and toddler clothes
- Supplemental formula and diapers
- Referrals for employment and career development
- Other medical, financial, and legal referrals
- Parenting instruction
- We can also connect you with other organizations when you decide to parent your baby. Our help is designed to get you started on the path to self-sufficiency. We have a large network of community resources that LOVE single moms and are waiting to embrace you and give you on-going mentoring and support.